As an employer in the print, paper or related industry you no doubt recognise that you are competing with many other industries to attract bright young people who possess the energy, enthusiasm and ideas to drive your business to a successful future. The aim of PrintIT! is to inform young people about the real benefits our industries can offer over others and to inspire them to choose a career in a print related industry.
An integral part of the programme is the twinning scheme in which each school is given a (subject to availability) link to a local employer in the industry e.g. a print works, paper manufacturer/mill or related company. This twinning initiates a relationship which can range from a visit to the school by a company representative to discuss the project and advise on the best solution, to a visit by the class to the employer site for a real experience of the industry in action.
The extent of the twinning can be agreed by the school and the employer. Employers can request to receive all necessary background information on the PrintIT! project in advance by contacting the PrintIT! team on 01235 833844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to Register your interest in twinning please complete the online form here
Vetting and Barring Scheme
There is no issue as far as “vetting” of your staff is concerned unless there is more than one school visit to the employer every month.
- We want to attract ‘young blood’ into the print and related industries
- The twinning scheme links participating schools with local employers in the industry
- If you are an employer in the industry and would like to twin with your local school register here
- We will send your details to schools that have registered for PrintIT! in your area.
- To help you with your ‘twinning’ there is a twinning guide available to download from this site which you may use as a guide if you need to present to the students.
- Twinning need not take a lot of your time but it can be very beneficial in terms of introducing potential future employees to your company, corporate social responsibility strategy, local community relations etc